Maya Living Free Healing Association
7-11 Rossmoyne Street
THORNBURY VIC 3071
Empowering, motivating and assisting Aboriginal men and women to live a life free of drug and alcohol addiction and its associated problems, through a process of cultural recovery, mutual support and spiritual healing.
The Intent of Maya Living Free Healing Association:
The Maya Living Free Healing Centre will:
• Concentrate specifically on controlling the problem of addiction amongst existing addicts and assisting addicts in recovery to avoid relapsing.
• Provide a positive & safe environment and community of support for people with or affected by addiction.
• Be a community controlled and run program that builds on the strengths of Aboriginal people.
• Facilitate the formation of men's and women's self help groups that will concentrate on cultural and spiritual strengthening as a part of the healing process
• Refer people to existing services in the community
• Strengthen families who have been affected by drug addiction.
The Maya Living Free Healing Centre will conduct the following activities:
• NA and AA meetings
• Specific workshops on healing the scars of trauma, grief and loss.
• Community Lunches
• Workshops with men's groups on various issues such as identity, self worth, parenting, relationships and anger management.
• Workshops with women's groups on various issues such as addiction, trauma, separation, parenting and relationships.
• Life skills and educational programs such as financial management, literacy, communication and computers.
• Art classes
Recent Accomplishments of Maya Living Free Healing Association: