"To enable, support and connect mental health consumers in their recovery, and advocate for their voices to be included across all levels of the mental health service system."
Vision: We CAN - We CARE - The Future is in Our Hands.
- Phone Connections - a national telephone peer support line for people living with mental illness.
- Hospital to Home - providing practical assistance & peer support within first 28 days of discharge from the Liverpool & Campbelltown psychiatric inpatient units.
Information, Education & Training:
- Becoming a Peer Support Worker Course
- Busting Out of the Welfare & Poverty Cycle Courses
- Creative Writing
- Self Esteem Course
- Thinking About Recover
- Working with the Media
- Understanding Evaluations Course
Pitane Recovery Centre Activities:
- Art Alive
- Men's Social & Support Group
- Women's Coffee Club
- Movie Club
- Op Shop Tours
Fundraising & Other Activities:
- NSW Mental Health Consumer of the Year Awards
Voluntary & Paid Employment Opportunities:
- Peer Support Workers
- Independent Evaluation Assistants
- Pitane Recovery Centre Facilitators
Voluntary Work Opportunities
- Work Placement Scheme
- CAN Board of Managemet
- Events Management
- Fundraising Committee Membership
- Information, Education & Training Facilitators