eXposed Arts Projects
Mackay Ave & Bridge Rd
GRIFFITH NSW 2680
- Provide opportunities for youth in the creative fields.
- Our aim is to build an arts festival for Griffith and surrounding towns over a 5 year period.
- Build opprotunities in arts and environmental aesthetics in communities.
- Collaborate with other arts providers both public and private sector.
- Build business opportunities for sustainable communities.
- Provide opportunities for social connectedness.
- Stage art competition, exhibition and art workshop programmme which is open to all Australians.
The Intent of eXposed Arts Projects:
The eXposed organising team:
- have a common vision to grow the potential of the event into an arts festival over a 5 year programme.
- we are a group of four individuals with arts and eductaion background who share the goals of social, artistic and cultural responsibility in our community.
- we are in the process of staging eXposed in its second year.
- we engage local business to support the arts project with sponsorship of money and in kind supoport.
- we have designed 9 workshops over a 3 month period .
- we have engaged a community artist skilled in working with early school leavers to facilitate an artist in residence programme. She will also work on a public art project with another community artist.
- we have staged a 48 hr youth photo competition.
- we have a website linked to the Griffith Cottage Gallery.
- we have promoted broadly on radio, TV AND local paper.
- we have conducted radio interviews across the Riverina.
- we have advertised on artsearch website.
- we will be exhibiting at 5 venues in Griffith Business District.
Recent Accomplishments of eXposed Arts Projects:
In 2008 (inaugural year)
- Staged art competition and exhibition over long weeknd in Griffith.
- Attracted 90 entries across east coast of Australia. 60% Riverina artists.
- Presented $6000 in 3 categories.
- Exhibited over a 3 week period.
- Hosted 350 people on opening night and 3000 visitors over a 3 week period.
2009 so far
- Conducted 2 x photography and 2 x digital editing workshops for youth 14 - 25 years with attendance of 48 students
- Staged a 48 hr Youth Photo Competition.
- Received over 200 entries in 2009 Exposed art Competition and exhibition.
- Coordinating art workashops and artist in residence programme for June.
- Designing ongoing workshops for next 6 months.
- Coordinating eXposed event which commeneced with April Workshops, Photo Competition and launch to be held June 5 with award presentation.
Participation in eXposed Arts Projects:
Joining the group is restricted to: Anyone who shares an artistic, social and cultural responsibilty in the community.
Griffith Cottage Gallery and Private Home.
The venue is wheelchair accessible.
Monthly basis and weekly closer to event at a time suitable to team.