Emergency & Safety Directory
Australian Citizens Radio Emergency Monitors Inc
PO Box 743
CESSNOCK NSW 2325
- To serve and provide assistance to the community through the use of the CBRS network (27 MHz HF and 477MHz UHF bands), and other forms of radiocommunications, in particular to establish and maintain voluntary monitoring services to process;
- emergency communications involving the immediate safety of life of individuals or the immediate protection or safety of property; and
- emergency communications involving the potentially immediate safety of life of individuals or the potentially immediate safety of property; and
- communications necessary to render assistance to travellers and the community as a whole.
- To provide communications support and/or support personnel to recognised emergency services, welfare organisations, and government agencies, during times of need, or when requested.
- To establish and operate a volunteer emergency medical service (EMS) to provide first aid and pre-hospital emergency medical care for the community during events and activities, during emergencies and times of need, or when requested by any emergency service or government agency.
The SECONDARY objects of the association are:
- To provide community organisations, sporting groups, and other organisations with safety communications and/or personnel to assist in safety roles, as required, to help ensure the safety of persons participating in activities and members of the community.
- To provide support to community crime prevention and safety programmes.
- To do such other lawful things as may appear to be incidental or conductive to the above objects, or any of them, or that may be deemed as beneficial to the community in general.
The Intent of Australian Citizens Radio Emergency Monitors Inc:
- Volunteer monitoring of CB band emergency channels, responding to calls for assistance from the public and relaying to the required emergency services.
- Provide emergency radiocommunications during times of need and disasters.
- Provide safety communications for community events.
- Provide first aid and emergency medical services for community events and activities.
Recent Accomplishments of Australian Citizens Radio Emergency Monitors Inc:
- Provided support personnel to assist during the Brisbane floods.
- Regularly provide emergency communications for communities isolated by disasters and emergencies.
- Provide representation for CB enthusiasts to government agencies.