Grants Management Intelligence is aimed at boosting the efficiency and effectiveness of grantmakers and funders, with a focus on Australian trends.
The publication features in-depth studies of grantmaking issues from our own experts and research; other leaders in the field; and employing our exclusive access to SmartyGrants data, It is focused on practical ways to improve your grants program and help you make best practice, standard practice.
From the basics to expert-level commentary, we've covered:
This makes Grants Management Intelligence a must-read publication for federal, state and local grantmakers, funders and policymakers; local councillors and community development workers; philanthropic and corporate funders; and financial and legal advisors.
The quarterly publication is just one of the benefits of membership of the Australian Institute of Grants Management. Learn more and sign up here.
More recent editions (tap to enlarge)
NOV 2016: GENDER-WISE
What the Australian Women Donors Network's Deanne Weir, Sex Discrimination Commissioner Kate Jenkins and Australian of the Year David Morrison have to say about gender-wise grants.
AUG 2016: DIPPING INTO DATA
Our special report into grants and the use of data. Inside:
- US expert Andrew Means' insights
- Data and the work of the US Robin Hood Foundation
- Our social change taxonomy project, CLASSIE.
MAY 2016: HOT TIPS
Wisdom from from our 2016 Grantmaking in Australia Conference.
- Feedback and timelines
- Problems with applications
- Funding operational costs
- Highly political processes
- Grant program accessibility
FEB 2016: GRANTS SURVEY
The latest findings explain the:
- Lack of feedback from grantmakers
- Funding drop for multi-year grants
- The rise of online grants
- Briefing grantseekers
DEC 2015: UNSUBMITTED?
We're here to help with:
- Tackling unsubmitted applications
- Expert tips, ideas and questions .
SEP 2015: ASSESSMENT PANELS
Using SmartyGrants data, we examine best-practice assessment, covering:
- Benefits and drawbacks of options
- The gender split
- Timelines and processes
JUN 2015: GET PREVENTATIVE
Insights on "preventative grantmaking", answering:
- How do you know if a preventative approach is going to prevent anything?
- How do you measure the success of preventative grantmaking if the aim is to try and have something NOT occur?
APR 2015: POST-CONFERENCE
Around the theme of "Knowledge is Power", presenters explored the ways grantmakers can benefit - and can improve their efforts - by turning data and information into useful knowledge.
FEB 2015: PARTICIPATION
Options for funders considering participatory grantmaking, including:
- Collective giving and giving circles
- Advisory councils
- Community consultation
- Live grantmaking & contests
- Crowdfunding and crowdsourcing
NOV 2014: CLOSING ROUNDS
Facts, stats and more covers:
- When grantmakers close rounds
- Grantseekers' submission habits
- Our best practice benchmarks
- Late application policies
- What to do after closing your round