Globe Town Project Inc
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Accounting / Finance / Investment, Business Development / Social Enterprise, Fundraising, Law & Legal Services, Media / Communications / Public Relations
Board Meetings (Mode):
Not supplied, Not supplied
Reimbursement of expenses
Globe Town Project is currently seeking three (3) new board directors to join the existing board (one Treasurer and 2 General Board Members) to help oversee our charity dedicated to social connection, wellbeing, and collaboration through storytelling and creative arts practice.
We are particularly interested in finding people who have a passion for arts, storytelling, community connection, wellbeing and mental health and possess at least a couple of the following professional expertise:
- Financial and accounting expertise (for the Treasurer role)
- Fundraising expertise
- Grant writing expertise
- Marketing and/or branding expertise
- Experience in building corporate partnerships or in Corporate Executive roles
- Experience working in mental health and/or connections into mental health sector
We meet in the stunning Paper Bird Book Shop in Fremantle. Living in or near Fremantle can help but is not essential.
Board members are responsible for strategic oversight of the organisation, ensuring we continue to meet our mission and aims, and advocate for the organisation and its mission within the wider community.
Treasurer duties include:
- Helping further develop the organisation’s financial management and accounting systems
- Developing a budget at the start of each year
- Providing a Treasurer’s Report at each Board meeting tracking expenses and income against budget
- Ensuring all necessary financial reporting requirements are adhered to
- Supporting the fundraising plans of the organization and advising on financial strategy where applicable
- Overseeing and monitoring risk management systems
General Board Member duties include:
- Attending meetings (approx. 6 per year currently alternating weekends and early morning weekdays)
- Participating in the setting of the strategic vision and plan for the organization each year
- Setting and approving the annual budget
- Supporting fundraising activities
- Ensuring the organization is financially and legally accountable
- Supporting the Artistic Director in particular functional areas
- Some positions on the board call for additional duties
ABOUT GLOBE TOWN PROJECT
Globe Town Project is a small community arts organisation based in Fremantle, Western Australia.
Globe Town Project enables social connection, wellbeing, and collaboration through storytelling and creative arts practice.
- To improve wellbeing - social connection, confidence, self-esteem, mental health, resilience, and creative capacity - in all our participants
- To promote storytelling and creative arts as being central to social connection, creativity, and positive change within the community
- To increase access to creative arts for everyone [regardless of age, gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, ability, or sexual orientation]
- We design our programs to enable positive outcomes for our participants, and continuously incorporate feedback to ensure we meet their changing needs
- We offer a broad range of inspiring, challenging, and innovative storytelling and arts activities to celebrate diversity and promote choice
- We develop community members’ interest and skills in storytelling and creative arts by engaging professional artists
- We provide a safe, fun, and inclusive environment for people to enjoy creative activities, and celebrate their successes
- We collaborate with organisations, artists, and community groups to create the best outcomes for our community
Where we operate
Globe Town Project operates in Western Australia with a particular focus on the greater Fremantle area.
Once you have filled in the following form, your details will be emailed directly to Globe Town Project Inc. They will contact you on the telephone number and/or email address you provide. We will not disclose your details to anyone apart from the recruiting organisation.
By filling in this form you acknowledge and agree to Our Community's privacy statement.
Good luck with your search!