The Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi Foundation
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Accounting / Finance / Investment, Business Development / Social Enterprise, Governance, Risk Management, Strategy (Strategic / Succession Planning)
Board Meetings (Mode):
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
Paid: Amount not disclosed
Independent Finance Director
Ngarluma Yindjibarndi Foundation Limited
Expressions of interest are invited for a Finance Director for the Ngarluma Yindjibarndi Foundation Limited (NYFL)
The Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi Foundation Ltd (NYFL) was established in 2000 pursuant to the North West Shelf Agreement between Woodside Energy Ltd and the Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi People, in order to receive payments for land use on the Burrup Peninsula.
NYFL’s aim is to establish a sustainable future for its members and beneficiaries across social, cultural, economic, health, business and education opportunities. NYFL members comprise of the Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi people and its beneficiaries are extended to also include the wider regional Aboriginal community.
NYFL Commercial Pty Ltd (NYFL Commercial) is a 100% subsidiary of NYFL. As part of a current restructure, NYFL Commercial will be the entity that operates the commercial enterprises of the group.
NYFL is a registered charity with the ACNC and NYFL Commercial is seeking charity
NYFL is at a pivotal period of growth. It is seeking an experienced professional with strong stakeholder engagement as its Finance Director to support it in its next phase.
The successful candidate will join four Ngarluma Directors, four Yindjibarndi Directors and one Independent Director on the board of NYFL and NYFL Commercial for a term of two years and is eligible for re-appointment.
The Finance Director:
- provides technical input in financial management;
- assists the Board with understanding financial reports and information
- encourages the development, advancement and future growth of NYFL
- provide technical input to support a continuous improvement governance and risk management program.
- Assist the with the strategic planning and direction of the Foundation.
Board meetings are conducted in Roebourne and must be held at least once every two months. Additional meetings are called on an as needs basis. Meetings can also be attended by video link.
- A qualification in financial management (for example a registered CPA or a CA).
- At least five years’ experience in financial management.
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and an understanding of the decision-making process.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication ability.
- Social impact mindset.
- Sound understanding of governance and compliance frameworks.
- Completed or prepared to complete the AICD Company Directors course or similar.
- Leadership experience and a collaborative style of engagement.
- Professional reputation and integrity.
- Commitment to attend all board related meetings and to engage between meetings as required.
Expressions of interest are invited now. Conditions and term of appointment will be discussed in detail with the appropriate candidates as well as the Board’s selection and endorsement process. This position will receive a remuneration.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 31/01/20
Once you have filled in the following form, your details will be emailed directly to The Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi Foundation. They will contact you on the telephone number and/or email address you provide. We will not disclose your details to anyone apart from the recruiting organisation.
By filling in this form you acknowledge and agree to Our Community's privacy statement.
Good luck with your search!