Financial Counselling Victoria (FCVic)
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Advocacy / Government Relations, Governance, Law & Legal Services
Board Meetings (Mode):
Reimbursement of expenses
Job Title: Co-opted Board Member
Terms: Fixed Term 2 years
Meeting Frequency: Monthly
Meeting Duration: 10am-12noon
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
Financial Counselling Victoria (FCVic) is the peak body for financial counsellors in Victoria. Financial counselling is a free, independent and confidential information and advocacy service for people experiencing financial hardship.
The purpose of FCVic is:
- to advocate for vulnerable people who are experiencing financial difficulty;
- to ensure the highest standards of professionalism in the provision of financial counselling services in Victoria by setting and maintaining best practice standards for members in all their dealings with clients; and
- to support financial counsellors and the financial counselling sector in its casework and advocacy for law reform and systemic change.
The key objectives of FCVic are that:
- financial counsellors in Victoria are supported to comply with best practice;
- the financial counselling sector has secure, stable and sustainable funding;
- financial counselling has a high profile;
- vulnerable Victorians have an effective voice; and
- the Association is a strong, adaptive professional organisation that is valued by members, government and other stakeholders.
The FCVic Board is responsible for employment and support of the Executive Officer. The Board is accountable to its membership for the effective governance of the organisation.
Accountable to the full Board, the Executive Officer is responsible for FCVic’s fulfilment of its organisational purpose; the achievement of FCVic’s objectives as articulated in the Strategic Plan, and management of all operational aspects of the organisation.
The FCVic Board guides strategic direction and helps to oversee the organisation’s financial, legal and risk management. Our Board members have a wide range of experience and currently we are looking for new members with skills and experience in the Health Services or Legal sectors.
Board members should support the objectives of FCVic and be willing to work in the best interests of our organisation.
For further information or expressions of interest please contact:
Colin Harte, Chairperson by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have filled in the following form, your details will be emailed directly to Financial Counselling Victoria (FCVic). They will contact you on the telephone number and/or email address you provide. We will not disclose your details to anyone apart from the recruiting organisation.
By filling in this form you acknowledge and agree to Our Community's privacy statement.
Good luck with your search!