Stepping Stone Clubhouse
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Governance, Mental Health
Board Meetings (Mode):
Females, Youth/Students, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, English as an additional language or dialect, LGBTQI
Nil - honorary role
Stepping Stone is currently seeking a suitably qualified and experienced committee member to volunteer on our Management Committee.
Ideally we are seeking expertise in one of the following areas which align with our strategic goals and complement the current committee:
- Mental health expertise (eg qualifications and experience in psychiatry, as a clinical psychologist, a clinical nurse with mental health endorsement or significant experience managing mental health services);
- Experience and knowledge of systems and funding for disability employment services;
- An appreciation of, and desire to contribute to, good governance in the not-for-profit sector.
We will value interest from applicants with diverse backgrounds - First Nations people, candidates from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQA+ community and all age groups.
In particular, we are seeking expressions of interest from committed and collaborative people with at least one of the following:
In addition, it is essential that all Committee members are:
- Passionate about improving outcomes for people with mental health conditions
- Genuinely keen to work collaboratively in a positive spirit with a diverse team
- Conscientious and willing to commit 10 hours per month to the role
- Appreciative of the responsibilities of a not-for-profit Board or Management Committee
- Open to learning - willing to self-identify skills, knowledge and behavioural gaps and identify professional development or mentoring needed to fulfil the role
- Willing to increase awareness and identify opportunities by promoting Stepping Stone to stakeholders and networks
- Generous in contributing relevant expertise, knowledge and networks.
About our Organisation
Founded in 1994, Stepping Stone Clubhouse Inc. is a community mental health not-for-profit organisation and is located in Coorparoo in Brisbane. The Clubhouse offers a wide range of services to assist members with their journey of mental health recovery.
Stepping Stone is part of an internationally recognised for-purpose mental health organisation, Clubhouse International. We are one of only 12 Clubhouses worldwide that is an accredited training base for new and emerging clubhouses seeking accreditation to Clubhouse International standards.
Stepping Stone Clubhouse is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission. It is also a registered NDIS provider.
Focusing on strengths rather than illness, our members are given the opportunities to rejoin the worlds of friendships, family, important work, employment, education, safe and affordable housing, social recreation, and access to the services and supports they may individually need. We are dedicated to suicide prevention and to ending social and economic isolation for people living with mental illness.
The Clubhouse model is founded on the premise that meaningful work is intrinsic and highly beneficial to human existence and mental health and as such offers an ideal type of non-clinical therapeutic supports. Research has shown the benefits of the Clubhouse model and the positive results that have been achieved.
- Are more likely to be employed and to sustain employment
- Achieve higher education levels
- Have reduced risk of homelessness
- Are less likely to be hospitalised
- Have an increased sense of wellbeing
To obtain an information package, please email the Stepping Stone Clubhouse Secretary via email@example.com.
Once you have filled in the following form, your details will be emailed directly to Stepping Stone Clubhouse. They will contact you on the telephone number and/or email address you provide. We will not disclose your details to anyone apart from the recruiting organisation.
By filling in this form you acknowledge and agree to Our Community's privacy statement.
Good luck with your search!