Notting Hill Neighbourhood House
Area of Expertise Being Sought:
Advocacy / Government Relations, Business Development / Social Enterprise, Ethics, Fundraising, Governance, Human Resources, Impact Evaluation, Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Marketing / Branding, Media / Communications / Public Relations, Research & Development / Innovation, Risk Management, Strategy (Strategic / Succession Planning)
Board Meetings (Mode):
Females, Youth/Students, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, English as an additional language or dialect, LGBTQI
Nil - honorary role
General Members of the Committee of Management are responsible for overseeing the affairs of the incorporated association, ensuring its legal obligations are met and that the organisation is soundly managed for the benefit of all. Committee members support the vision, purposes and values of the organisation and ensure the governance and management of the organisation reflect them.
• Develop, endorse and monitor strategic and annual plans of the Notting Hill Neighbourhood House.
• Review and endorse the organisation’s policies and procedures.
• Be diligent, attend Committee meetings and devote sufficient time to preparation for these meetings, allowing for full and appropriate participation in the Committee's decision-making.
• Consider the best interests of the organisation when making decisions or voting on an issue and be loyal to the Committee, abiding by committee decisions once reached.
• Ensure fair and full participation of all Committee Members and ensure that the independent views of all Committee Members are given due consideration and weight.
• Ensure that members are provided with an accurate and balanced view of the organisation's performance including both financial and member services.
• Be responsive and accountable to the community’s needs, concerns and expectations.
• Review their own individual performance on Committee ensuring a suitable contribution to committee deliberations and decision-making (if found lacking, the member should pursue training or assistance to improve their performance or consider resigning).
• Review the Committee’s performance as a whole, for its development and continuous improvement.
• Strong leadership, communication, and people management skills, with the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Passion for making a positive impact in the local community and commitment to the organisation's mission, vision, and values.
Members of the Committee of Management are expected to fulfil the responsibilities of the position in a timely and effective manner and to demonstrate a commitment to the organisation's mission, vision, and values.
Committee Members are expected to collaborate with the Manager, and other stakeholders, and to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements. In this role you are expected to always represent the organisation professionally and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
All Committee Members carry out their duties in a lawful manner and ensure that the business of the organisation is carried out in accordance with the law and under the terms of the organisation’s Rules of Incorporation and Policies.
You are expected to attend monthly COM meetings and to be available to attend community events on behalf of the organisation as needed.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it. The duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice, due to changes in staffing, organisational structure or other reasons.
Duty Statement: Australia
Once you have filled in the following form, your details will be emailed directly to Notting Hill Neighbourhood House. They will contact you on the telephone number and/or email address you provide. We will not disclose your details to anyone apart from the recruiting organisation.
By filling in this form you acknowledge and agree to Our Community's privacy statement.
Good luck with your search!