BSB52318 Diploma of Governance
TAFE Gippsland is offering the Diploma of Governance BSB52318. The course is delivered by the Institute of Community Directors Australia, an Our Community enterprise, acting on behalf of TAFE Gippsland.
The Diploma of Governance BSB52318 is designed specifically for not-for-profit board/committee members, and the staff (CEOs and senior staff) who work alongside them.
Entry to this qualification is limited to those individuals who:
- have vocational experience in a range of environments working with boards of governance, but with no formal qualification.
- have completed a Certificate IV in Governance
- provide evidence of competency in the core units required for BSB40915 Certificate IV in Governance. Evidence such as a statement of results for complementary units related to these units will be required:
- BSBGOV401 Implement Board member responsibilities
- BSBGOV402 Work within organisational structure
- BSBGOV403 Analyse financial reports and budgets
If you meet any one of these pre-requisite requirements, please download and complete the pre-requisite form and email it back to email@example.com so we can confirm your eligibility.
If you would like to discuss your eligibility with someone from Our Community, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 9320 6800.
In the meantime, you may continue with the registration process below. If we find you don't in fact meet the pre-requisites for the course, you will be fully refunded any fees paid.
To be accepted for enrolment into this course, you must also:
- Have time to read, prepare and reflect on fundamental governance principles
- Have the ability to attend and actively participate in a total of five days of training (three consecutive days + two consecutive days approximately one month later)
- Commit to completing all competency based assessment within twelve months of face-to-face training (you must complete one unit assessment per month)
- Commit to transferring the knowledge gained to the organisation once the course is completed
Course participants will receive:
- A quality learning environment that provides practical outcomes
- Relevant and challenging case studies drawn from the not-for-profit environment
- Exposure to a diverse range of views and approaches to governance, recognising that one size does not fit all
- A program that provides value for all participants regardless of whether they are completely new to a board or have had longer term involvement and experience
- Post-training contact to assist progression with assessment
- Support beyond the Diploma program through support materials, resources and networking opportunities
Participants who successfully complete the requirements of the Diploma in Governance BSB52318 - will be eligible to use the post-nominals:
- Dip. Gov. and,
- FICDA - Fellow of the Institute of Community Directors Australia (while they remain a financial member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia)
People who complete the course (including minimum attendance requirements) but do not submit assessment, or do not complete the assessment satisfactorily, are still eligible for recognition via the Institute of Community Directors Australia, through the use of the post-nominal:
- MICDA - Member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia (while they remain a financial member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia)
Please note: Completing the below registration form will generate an invoice that will be sent to you by email. All invoices require payment within 30 days, and no later than 10 working days prior to the event (whichever falls due first).
See the course start dates below. You will also need to be available for 6 scheduled live tutorials during the course: detailed on the Course Dates Page
Bookings, Cancellation and Refunds Policy:
Please note: You will not be formally enrolled in this course until payment has been made in full. Payments are due no later than 30 days after completing this enrolment form, and no later than 10 working days prior to the event (whichever falls due first).
50% of the registration fee is refundable if notice of cancellation is received more than 10 working days prior to the event; NO REFUND is available where notice of cancellation is received less than 10 working days prior to the event. Substitution of attendees is allowed. Written notice is required for cancellations and substitutions. It is not possible to transfer registration between events.
Payment Options: Cheque / Money Order, Electronic Funds Transfer, Credit Card
The final step of the registration / order process lets you choose your payment method. Credit card payments may be made online or by telephone, and an invoice is provided if you would prefer to pay by cheque, money order or electronic funds transfer.