Marketing Help Sheets:
Marketing your community group is vital to ensuring your group is able to not only survive – but thrive.
Marketing is about increasing positive awareness of your group and its good work. It is about communicating with your present support base – donors, members, sponsors, business partners, residents, clients and local decision-makers but also about increasing the number of people who support your group.
In this section we provide you with practical Help Sheets that explain why marketing is important to your group and provide some steps to assist you in establishing a media strategy and taking the first steps to generating more support for your group.
- What is Marketing?
- Why Bother With Marketing?
- Marketing Your Group for Free
- Tips on Getting Free Exposure for Your Event
- Marketing Your Special Event
- Developing a Marketing Plan, Starting Out
- Developing a Marketing Plan, Eight Steps
- Producing a Communications Strategy
- What Messages do you Wish to Convey?
- How do your Activities Market your Message?
- Keeping the Message Consistent
- Splitting Your Communications Across Different Outlets
- Developing an Advertising Campaign - by Using a Creative Brief
- Selecting a Spokesperson
- Using and Supporting a Spokesperson
Your Community Group Part 1
Your Community Group Part 2
- Marketing your Image
- Developing a Tagline
- Producing a Brochure
- Producing a Newsletter - The Basics
- Producing a Newsletter - Style and Content
- Marketing your Group Online - Benefits of a Website and Attracting People to your Website
- Marketing your Group Online - How to Get to the Top of Search Engine Results
- Marketing your Group Online - Secrets to Attractive, Readable Website
- Marketing your Group Online - Marketing Your Online Donation Facility
- Email and Marketing - Marketing your Group and Events Through Email Newsletters
- Email and Marketing - Producing an Email Newsletter
- Email and Marketing - Using Email to Market your Group and Events
- Free Websites for your Community Group
- Getting a Community Service Announcement
- Annual Report as Marketing Tool - the First Steps
- Annual Report as Marketing Tool - More Details