Diploma in Business (Governance) BSB50715
The Diploma of Business (Governance) - BSB50715 is designed specifically for not-for-profit board/committee members, and the staff (CEOs and senior staff) who work alongside them.
Both prospective and current members of boards are eligible for enrolment, though some deep knowledge of a not-for-profit organisation is highly desirable.
To be accepted for enrolment into this course, you must also:
- Have time to read, prepare and reflect on fundamental governance principles
- Have the ability to attend and actively participate in a total of five days of training (three consecutive days + two consecutive days approximately one month later)
- Commit to completing all competency based assessment within twelve months of face-to-face training (you must complete one unit assessment per month)
- Commit to transferring the knowledge gained to the organisation once the course is completed
If you would like to discuss your eligibility. contact us by emailing email@example.com or call (03) 9320 6800.
Course participants will receive:
- iPad preloaded with materials, plus access to governance support through the Institute of Community Directors Australia website#
- A quality learning environment that provides practical outcomes
- Relevant and challenging case studies drawn from the not-for-profit environment
- Exposure to a diverse range of views and approaches to governance, recognising that one size does not fit all
- A program that provides value for all participants regardless of whether they are completely new to a board or have had longer term involvement and experience
- Post-training contact to assist progression with assessment
- Support beyond the Diploma program through support materials, resources and networking opportunities
* Please note: Students may choose to enrol without receiving an iPad (a recommended learning tool for this course) and their fees will be reduced by $300. Students who elect to bring their own substitute device will be provided with links to download reference materials. Our sustainability policy prevents us from printing copies of these materials.
Participants who successfully complete the requirements of the Diploma of Business (Governance) - BSB50715 - will be eligible to use the post-nominals:
- Dip. Bus. (Gov) and,
- FICDA - Fellow of the Institute of Community Directors Australia (while they remain a financial member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia)
People who complete the course (including minimum attendance requirements) but do not submit assessment, or do not complete the assessment satisfactorily, are still eligible for recognition via the Institute of Community Directors Australia, through the use of the post-nominal:
- MICDA - Member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia (while they remain a financial member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia)
Cost: $4495 inc GST ($4195 inc GST without iPad Mini)
Please note: Completing the below enrolment form will generate an invoice that will be sent to you by email. All invoices require payment within 30 days, and no later than 10 working days prior to the event (whichever falls due first).
Please note: Below dates are start dates. For a full listing of course dates please go to the Course Timetable
Bookings, Cancellation and Refunds Policy:
Please note: You will not be formally enrolled in this course until payment has been made in full. Payments are due no later than 30 days after completing this enrolment form, and no later than 10 working days prior to the event (whichever falls due first).
50% of the registration fee is refundable if notice of cancellation is received more than 10 working days prior to the event; NO REFUND is available where notice of cancellation is received less than 10 working days prior to the event. Substitution of attendees is allowed. Written notice is required for cancellations and substitutions. It is not possible to transfer registration between events.
Payment Options: Cheque / Money Order, Electronic Funds Transfer, Credit Card
The final step of the registration / order process lets you choose your payment method. Credit card payments may be made online or by telephone, and an invoice is provided if you would prefer to pay by cheque, money order or electronic funds transfer.