Not-for-Profit finances for managers and board members
Whether you work for or serve on the board of a non-for-profit, understanding your organisation?s finances is critical.
But who has time to cut through all the jargon and the numbers to get to the information you really need?
The good news is, we?d done it for you. We?ve put together a half day seminar, delivered in plain English, giving you just the information you need, in a way which won?t put you to sleep.
It?s finance essentials for the non-financially minded. All that you need (and nothing you don?t) to conquer your organisation?s finances, take away all the confusion and leave you confident and in control.
Cost: $350 per person
This workshop is good for:
- Staff and board members of not-for-profits who want to understand their organisation?s finances.
- People who know they should know about finances, but have never actually got around to doing anything about it.
- People who want to know about finances, but don?t want to be bored or made to feel stupid.
Learn how to:
- Read and understand your organisation?s key financial reports
- Use financial ratios to decipher financial reports and obtain useful insights
- Cut through financial terminology
- Analyse a budget and understand cash flow
- Ask the key questions when looking at your organisation?s finances.
About your trainer:
David Sharpe is Director of Advisory & Consulting at Generate, where he works closely with businesses and not-for-profit organisations on strategic, financial and operational issues. David?s a lively and engaging presenter who regularly delivers training on governance, business skills and financial management, including for Our Community at the Building Better Boards conference. He has a Masters in Management and Grad Cert in accounting and financial management.
Bookings, Cancellation and Refunds Policy:
Registrations must be paid no later than 10 working days prior to the event. Cancellation notice of more than 10 working days prior to the event is 50% refundable. Cancellation notice of less than 10 working days prior to the event, NO REFUND - Substitution of attendees is allowed. Written notice is required for cancellations and substitutions. No transfers between events.
Payment Options: Cheque / Money Order, Electronic Funds Transfer, Credit Card
The final step of the registration / order process lets you choose your payment method. Credit card payments may be made online or by telephone, and an invoice is provided if you would prefer to pay by cheque, money order or electronic funds transfer.