Our Community Statements and Submissions
Below you can download some of the statements and submissions that Our Community has posted, usually in relation to a government inquiry or call for comments on a particular subject that impacts on the not-for-profit sector
- Open letter: Our Community describes Charitable Fundraising National Working Group report as a "national disgrace"
- Media statement: Our Community welcomes ALP's charities policy
- Opinion Piece: "It's time to throw out the old boys of the Council for the Order of Australia"
- Submission to the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC) regarding the Commissioner's Interpretation Statement on withholding or removing commercially sensitive information from the ACNC Register
- Submission to the Senate Economics Legislation Committee on the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (Repeal) (No. 1) Bill 2014
- Response to Charity Fundraising Cost article which appeared in The Age newspaper on 21/12/2013
- Submission to Treasury in response to the Consultation Paper on Regulatory Impact Assessment of Potential Duplication of Governance and Reporting Standards for Charities
- Submission to Treasury in response to the consultation paper on the taxation of Australian not-for-profit organisations
- Submission to Treasury on governance standards for the not-for-profit sector
- Submission to Consumer Affairs Victoria on revised regulations under the Associations Incorporation Act
- Statement on why the not-for-profit sector should stand behind the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- Submission to Treasury in response to the Consultation Paper on the Definition of Charity
- Submission to the Productivity Commission on the Contribution of the Not-for-Profit Sector
- Submission to the Senate Economics Committee into the disclosure regimes for charities and not-for-profit organisations