This Social Media Policy explains how Our Community manages its interactions with stakeholders through our social media accounts. It applies to all accounts owned and operated by Our Community (including Our Community, Institute of Community Directors Australia, Funding Centre, GiveNow, GoodJobs, Communities in Control, Australian Institute of Grants Management, and SmartyGrants accounts) across a range of social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and events apps.
This policy may change periodically so please check back on a regular basis.
If you have comments or questions regarding this privacy statement, please contact: email@example.com or send us a letter via: PO Box 354 North Melbourne Victoria, Australia 3051.
Last updated: July 2016
Our Community works hard to maintain a safe and friendly environment for our stakeholders, whether online or in person.
While we encourage friends, followers and members of the public to share thoughts and opinions via our social media channels, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
Our Community neither agrees with nor endorses every comment people make on our pages. Our aim is to share news, views and information in order to inform and collaborate with people.
Our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our profile and, where appropriate, respond via comment in turn. Freedom of speech is to be encouraged, but if posts/comments contain one or more of the following, we will act:
- Offensive language
- Defamatory, slanderous or aggressive attacks on Our Community and/or its enterprises as well as other individuals, organisations, projects or public figures
- Controversial claims that are not easy for us to verify
- Breach of copyrighted material not within reasonable use, in the public domain, or available under Creative Commons license
- Breach of data protection or privacy laws
- Inappropriate advertisements
- Topics which fall outside the realms of interest to members and stakeholders, and which do not appear to be within the context of a legitimate discussion or enquiry.
We reserve the right to remove any post and block/ban any user at our discretion.
If appropriate, we will contact the poster privately to explain why we have removed the post or comment and highlight Our Community's posting guidelines.
Social media is a 24/7 medium. While we do our best - both inside business hours and after hours - to moderate comments on our social media pages, we may not see every inappropriate comment right away. Please feel free to alert us by phone, email or (of course) our social media channels to anything that you spot that you think needs to be removed.