Welcome to the Plans and Tools Bank, where you can find a range of free plans and tools that your community group can use to save you time and money when putting in place a project or program.
We hope you will help to contribute to the bank's growth.
Plans and Tools
Book a Brain Initiative
Description: In essence, the Book a Brain initiative is a volunteer community based initiative that aims to provide local individuals or groups with access to the knowledge of other knowledgeable and experienced voluntary community residents to assist them in the development of projects (activities, services or events) that will be of benefit to the wider local community. Projects could include: festivals (youth, art, writing), awareness raising (environment, caring, health), community care (group self-help, practical support), and sharing (community gardens, cooperatives).
Contributed by: Book a Brain Advisory Group, Maleny Branch Library
- Book a Brain General Info Sheet - how to set up a Book a Brain initiative in your community (Word 97)
- Info Sheet for Potential Applicants (Word Doc)
- Info Sheet for Potential 'Brains' (Word Doc)
- Offer of Expertise Form (Word Doc)
- Application for Assistance Form (Word Doc)
- Conditions for Engagement (Word Doc)
- Single-page Flyer (Word Doc)
- Two-page Flyer (Word Doc)
- Three-page Flyer (Word Doc)
- Expertise Data Template (Excel Doc)
Volunteer Briefing (Events)
Description: Parkinson's Victoria, working with event management company Perfect Events, developed comprehensive and very user-friendly volunteer briefing documents for its 2010 Unity Walk. The briefings are available for downloading below.
Contributed by: Parkinson's Victoria
- Comprehensive Staff/Volunteer Briefing Includes 'Lost Child Checklist' & 'Accident/Incident Report Form' (PDF)
- Volunteer Role Description: Event Ambassador (PDF)
- Volunteer Role Description: Marshall (PDF)
- Volunteer Role Description: Merchandise (PDF)
- Volunteer Role Description: Registration (PDF)
Contribute to the Plans & Tools Bank
We want to load a variety of plans and tools onto this page - but we need your help to add to this resource.
Please send us your plans and tools for us to load onto the website for other groups to download and adapt for their purposes.
As the old adage goes, "None of us is as smart as all of us". The Plans and Tools Bank creates a shared resource that takes the hard-won knowledge of one organisation and shares it with many.
We're looking for all types of planning tools, including:
- Community Planning
- Disaster Planning
- Information Technology Planning
- Feasibility for New Organisations / Programs
- Fundraising Plans
- Infrastructure and Facilities Planning
- Leadership Development Planning
- Management Development Planning
- Marketing Planning
- Performance Planning and Improvement
- Research Design Planning
- Staffing Planning
- Training and Development Planning
Email your tools and plans - marketing plans, business plans, etc. - to email@example.com, or post to Our Community, PO Box 354 North Melbourne, VIC 3051.
Please also download a Word version of the Plans & Tools Bank Template by Clicking Here and send it to us along with your plan. This will help us to organise the Bank when the volume of material starts to grow. If you prefer, you may download a PDF version of the Template by Clicking Here, fill it in by hand and post it with your Plan.