- Not-for-Profit Leaders: What's Your Endgame? Our Institute of Community Directors Australia is bringing U.S.-based social entrepreneur and impact acceleration expert Alice Gugelev to Australia for two speaking dates in November. Find out more and secure your spot at www.communitydirectors.com.au
- AIGM Grantmaking Muster: The AIGM is staging its inaugural Grantmaking Muster on Thursday, October 20 ... and places are still available for grantmakers to attend.
OC Matters: The latest edition of our member newsletter - Our Community Matters - is out! You can find it here.
To sign up to become a member - and receive OC Matters direct to your inbox for free - visit www.ourcommunity.com.au/signup
- We've lost a great friend in Joan Kirner, who passed away on June 1 aged 76. Joan was an inspiration to many many people, including us here at OC; we've been lucky enough to work closely with her for many years.
The Joan Kirner Social Justice Oration has been a highlight of many Communities in Control Conferences, with Joan herself delivering an inspirational and powerful address for the 2012 Oration.
You can read, listen to or watch the oration here: http://www.ourcommunity.com.au/joankirner.
Joan's legacy is her message on social justice, and her 2012 Oration carries that message strongly and passionately.
- THANK YOU! A big thanks to everyone who attended and enjoyed the 2015 Communities in Control Conference in Melbourne on May 25 and 26. Attendees will soon receive notification of where they can access conference transcripts, audio and presentations. Meanwhile, a visual compilation of conference highlights can be found on our Facebook page here and here.
- Improving Skills: Our pre-CIC Skills Day as held on May 24 and looked at ways your organisation could unlock more funding. A link containing links to the day's PowerPoint presentations will soon be on its way to attendees.
- NFP Finance Week Resources: NFP Finance Week - an initiative of Our Community and the Commonwealth Bank - saw the launch of all sorts of great resources for NFP boards and their treasurers. Find out more here.
- Our Community Matters: Download the latest edition of Our Community's member publication, Our Community Matters, or get each edition delivered to your inbox by becoming a member
- Community Sector Training: Find out what's coming up here.
- Get Donations: Sign up for online donations through GiveNow.com.au. It's free! www.givenow.com.au/listyourcause.
- Giving Increases: Donations via GiveNow increased by almost 14% during 2014. Read more here
- Award: Our Community has been recognised as one of the best businesses in the world for community impact as adjudged by the American organisation B Lab. Find out more Here
- New and Improved: Have you visited our new look Australian Institute of Grants Management website yet? The site is the hub for all things grantmaking - with news, views, tools and other resources - and anchors Australia's best practice network for grantmakers.
- Need funds? Check out our brief guide to finding grants
- Grantmakers of the Year: Congratulations to Cynthia Scherer and Lesley Lightfoot from the Geelong-based Give Where You Live, who were named the Australian Institute of Grants Management's 2015 Grantmakers of the Year! The full story is here.
- Legal Services for NFPs: We have joined with with Moores Legal to launch Not-for-Profit Assist - fixed-price legal services for Australian not-for-profits. Find out more
- Getting Social! Linking up with us on Facebook or Twitter will help you stay up-to-date on what's happening at Our Community, and around the sector
- Anything is Pozible: Meet our crowdfunding friends at Pozible
- Damn Good Advice: Not-for-profit treasurers in need of some damn good advice may find the wisdom they seek in a free CommBank-Our Community handbook - Get yoursef a copy
- Recognition for NFP Board Members: Get the recognition you deserve! Become a member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia . Better still - Do the diploma!
- How can we help? Download our poster or our New Member Welcome Kit (PDF 1mb) to find out how Our Community can help your community group.
- Where's my newsletter? View our newsletter schedule at www.ourcommunity.com.au/schedule.
- Revolutionising Grants: SmartyGrants, Our Community's online grants management system, continues to go from strength to strength. It is Australia's most-used grantmaking system, with hundreds of grantmakers from Australia and overseas using it. Find out more here.